In 1909, several community members decided to form a new church after meeting at the Old King's Creek School. These people included J.T. Evans, Alex Pugh, F.J. Weaver, Amanda Solomons, Minerva Bell, and Irena Weaver.
On March 15, 1909, land was purchased jointly for the sum of $80.00 by the Piney Creek Methodist Church South and King's Creek Masonic Lodge A.F. A.M. No. 432. Land was bought from Houston and Rebecca Parsons that later was the piece of land designated for the cemetery. This land contained part of the Parsons family cemetery.
Work was started on the church with J.G. Adams as the contractor. The building was quickly finished in 1910. The lumber used was furnished by members and interested citizens in the community.
In 1914, Reverend T.J. Houch held a revival and as a result baptized 23 people in the same day. (May 20, 1914)
In 1959, the members began a new building which contains a sanctuary, fellowship hall, kitchen, bathrooms, furnace room, and three Sunday School rooms. Through the efforts of those members, friends, and the Methodist Conference, the building was completed. Mr. L.K. Halsey and Mr. Oscar Key supervised the building. On February 9, 1964, the Reverend Shirley T. Jackson dedicated the church. By 1971, the building was free of all debts. The benefactors of this great church that we are in today include Mrs. Helen Halsey, Mrs. Cleo B. McMillan, Mr. B.B. Young, Oscar Key, and Guy T. Perry.
In August of 2000, renovations were started. Thanks to the grant provided by the Duke Endowment and help from the members of the community, the changes were completed by December of 2000. Thanks go to all who have made the church what it is today.